Tuesday, July 11, 2006


It has been a couple months since I have written. I am Doreen's foster mom, Anne.
If you have read through Doreen's blog, you would know that there was a scare that Doreen might be very sick. Hooray!! Doreen is very healthy.
All the tumors were fatty tumors and removed successfully.
Her recovery was amazing, she never needed the cone, she didn't need the pain medications.
She healed so quickly. An amazing dog who never picked at her stitches, never complained, just healed in unbelievable time.

I have officially labeled Doreen as the "Proud Pointer". When she arrived at my home she was so bashful and afraid of humans. From daily walks with our Keeshond "Keesha", Doreen has learned to socialize in the neighborhood, loves the neighborhood walks and has truly come out of her shell. She has blossomed into a beautiful, proud pointer.



She loves life, she love making me smile and being part of a family. One of her favorite times of the day is when I come home. She gets so excited, she hippity hops around, and I am the blessed receiver of an unconditional love that reaches the depth of my heart. ]






Doreen is just beginning to feel comfortable asking for things. I find her moving around as I rub and massage her, slowly communicating where she wants rubbed.

Some evenings she will come over nedge me if I am not paying attention to her. She is not persistent, she is so polite when asking for attention. I am fostering a second hobbit and Doreen watches out for Sera. She doesn't mother Sera, but she is very aware of how Sera is doing.

I have so much fun with Doreen. She makes me laugh when she hippity hops around and touches my heart with her kisses of thanks when I rub and massage her.






It is amazing how much she appreciates the simpliest attention. She is truly a couch potato in the house, but when I bring the kitty toy outside she shows all those bird dog skills she has. It makes me feel like a kid (and I am old).






The guess is that Doreen is a senior, but you certainly could not tell when she is out in the forest preserve.

I am still learning about pointers, but if Doreen is my benchmark, I am amazed.

I keep telling Lisa (IBR President), that she is the best pointer ever. Since Lisa has three of her own she tends to disagree with me, but she just lets me live in my fantasy world.

But if you ask me she is the Best of the Best.
Foster mom Anne


Hopefully within the next couple weeks Lisa will be taking us to a new dog park and we can practice off leash again. I will update the blog with our adventures.

No comments: